Is there Any Way to Recover iPhone Deleted Messages? (iPhone 6+/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS)
In this hyper-connected world, we keep in touch with family, friends, classmates, colleagues, and all other acquaintances using various kinds of communication tools. And it is a big problem to store all messages on your phone for future peruse because of limited and expensive memory storage. So we would delete unnecessary messages to free up space and speed up iPhone. But what if you delete the message that you need by mistake off your iPhone?
Of course, after deleted, the messages pretty much disappears. Then is there any way to get back deleted iPhone messages, if so, how to?
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Messages from iPhone (WhatsApp, Tango, Viber, iMessages )?
Well, as you search on the internet, you may find that there are many related posts about recovering deleted or lost messages from iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, etc. Yes, all iPhone data recovery software supports to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone but not all support other messages like Viber, Tango.
The rest of the article will tell you how to recover deleted or lost messages including SMS messages, iMessages, Tango messages and history, WhatsApp messages and chat history, Viber calls and messages from all iPhone models using Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery.
3 methods are provided to recover lost messages from iPhone using iPhone data recovery software.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone Device without Any Backup
This is a good way for those who don’t have a backup but deleted messages accidentally. You can recover deleted or lost messages from your device if you don’t have any backup. But you should be aware that space needs not to be overwritten after data lost in order to get the deleted messages back.
Steps to Recover Messages from iPhone Directly without iTunes or iCloud Backup
1. After download, install and launch iPhone Data Recovery program, connect your iPhone with computer, when the program detected your device, choose the right recovery strategy from top of the interface. It is the first one “Recover Data from iOS Device”.
Note: For iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users, you need to download the specially designed iPhone 6/6+ Data Recovery.
2. Then press “Start Scan”.
3. After scan is done, you can preview all the recoverable data.
4. Choose the messages or other files that you need and click “Recover” button to start the recovery process.
Method 2: Restore Lost Messages from iTunes Backup without iTunes and iOS Device
This way is especially helpful when your iPhone is lost/broken or damaged and can’t access the data but you have an iTunes backup. In this case, you are allowed to restore the lost messages by extracting iTunes backup. You can also selectively recover what you need instead restore all which include unnecessary messages and files.
Steps to Restore Deleted Messages from iTunes Backup
1. Download, install and launch the iPhone Data Recovery program. You don’t need to connect your iPhone with computer, choose the recovery mode “Recover Data from iTunes Backup File”.
2. Press “Start Scan” to download the iTunes backup.
3. After scan is complete, you can preview all the data synced last time to iTunes
4. Choose the ones you need, press “Recover” to start the recovery process
Method 3: Retrieve Deleted Messages from iCloud Backup without iCloud and iOS Device
This is similar to restore lost messages from iTunes backup. Choose “Recover Data from iCloud Backup” mode. If you backed up your phone with iCloud before, choose this recovery strategy.
All the above demonstrated is applicable to any data recovery except for messages like iPhone contacts, photos, notes, videos, camera roll, call history and so on.
Also, iPhone data recovery can use as a backup tool for iOS data. You can learn more if interested from How to Backup iPhone Photos before Deleting to Free Up Space