How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4/4S?
Are you wondering how you can jailbreak iPhone 4/4S? Well, you are probably one of the millions of users around the globe who want to do jailbreak for the device enhancement. As a matter of fact, there are different ways to do the modification. But many users reviewed that jailbreak is a job full with risk. Actually, as long as you choose the right method and software, it is very likely to succeed. Follow the following method:
Before carrying on, please download the correct Jailbreak Software.
1. Be sure to keep in mind: Backup four files before jailbreak in case of the unexpected failure, though it is not likely to happen if you operate carefully. You can sync your iPhone 4/4S with iTunes, iCoud or other third-party utility. Click here to learn more backup knowledge.
2. Initiate your iPhone’s browser, search for a reliable website that offers tools for the modification. You can take advantage of the software’s application.
3. Once you find a proper application, download it. It may take a few minutes before the tool can be successfully downloaded to your iPhone 4/4S depending on the software size.
4. The application will then take care of modifying your device. Once it successfully modified your phone, there will be a pop-up app called “Cydia” on your screen.
5. Return to your springboard by pressing “OK”.
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4/3GS with Jailbreakme?
Before jailbreak, determine what your present version is. To do this, you just need to open the “Settings”, tap “General”, select “About”.
Note: Jailbreakme only supports devices that have an iOS 4.3.3 and the lower, so iPhone 5/4S is not supported.
Then remember to make a backup of your device as well.
Now let’s begin the jailbreak process as below:
1. You can get the JailbreakMe process from the web browser on your iPhone. Open Safari, and navigate to http://jailbreakme.com.
2. When successfully downloaded Jailbreakme, you will get the option to “slide to jailbreak”.
3. Slide the bar to start the jailbreak process. The jailbreak will download and install automatically. This process may take up to five minutes or more depending on the speed of your Wi-Fi connection and your iPhone running speed.
4. Once the process is complete, a message will appear on your iPhone screen saying “Cydia has been added to the home screen. Have fun!” Press “OK” to return to your Home screen.
5. Reboot your device. This is not always necessary, but it can help to work out any remaining kinks in the jailbreak process.
Tips for Your Jailbreak
Jailbreaking is a process that changes little by little with each iOS upgrade. Some useful tips listed below to help you experience better jailbreak.
1. As was emphasized above, remember to backup your iPhone, this can help you remedy unnecessary data loss due to jailbreak failure.
2. Be aware of sites that claim to use the JailbreakMe method but want to charge for it. All true jailbreak applications are developed by the jailbreak community for free distribution.
If something goes wrong or the installer crashes during installation, it may not be fixed by simply restoring your phone and trying again. A proven fix for this (and a lot of other problems) is to restore your phone to factory defaults. Be warned as this will erase everything on the phone. But you can use iPhone Data Recovery to restore your previous data from iTunes backup made just now before jailbreak.
As we all know, jailbreaking your phone will allow you to run apps that have not been "approved" by Apple official, so watch out for the malware and virus apps.